Area Service Tech (Xray Service Tech) Spokane, WA
To provide field based technical support for the service and maintenance needs of the SMS product line. This will include support for reactive service calls, planned maintenance activities, field based system upgrades and/or enhancements, and assistance with local sales and marketing activities in the assigned territory. A major goal of this position is to ensure that customer satisfactions levels are maintained at the highest level possible. Frequent interactions with customers will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES including the following:
- Installs, perform preventative maintenance, service, and repair on SMS imaging products
- Diagnose and resolve networking problems, close calls, return inventory, provide FCO and PM documentation, etc.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships through effective customer service, timely and efficient installations, service, and maintenance
- Maintaining daily communication with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction
- Submit administrative paperwork such as travel expenses, mileage expenses, overtime schedules and other forms as required in a timely fashion. Must be able to manage their dispatch board.
- Provide proper reporting of. service activities to management including government requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Service Manager
- Observe all safety requirements, especially Radiation Safety
- Teamwork between techs is crucial due to size/workload
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Associate degree in Electronics Technology or a related discipline is required. Must have a deep understanding of basic electronics. Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams and schematics is a required. Ability to read and understand mechanical assembly instructions is required. Any experience with the medical imaging industry is a plus but not required. Computer skills including Word, Excel and others that are pertinent to the position are required.PC/Laptop skills are required.
Individual must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence ,and memos. Ability to write short correspondence, send and receive communications via e-mail. Must be able to effectively communicate with internal staff and others in person, via phone or e-mail .Excellent inter-personal skills and written/oral skills are required.
Basic math skills are required including the ability to add, subtract, multiply ,and divide in all common units o fmeasure, using wholenumbers, common fractions, and decimals, trigonometry and geometry. Must be able to convert these skills for use on the computer.
Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.Must have the ability to generate work schedules to effectively complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner to meet schedules.
Moderate physical demands for this position with under 50% standing and bending is required. Proper use of ergonomic computer accessories may lessen hand and wrist problems related to computer use. Some travel required, however, primary travel within the assigned territory. Must have the physical capability to meet the demands of the schedule (negotiate airports, hospitals, etc.).
The work environment is primarily on-site in hospitals and clinics as well as SMS Sales Offices. Periodic attendance of trade shows also required
Shimadzu Precision Instruments, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer